Monday, May 2, 2011

So I know that all of you have been eager to read my next post, after a rough 2 weeks.. I'm finally able to sit down, relax, and blog. I have so many updates that I dont even know where to start. So I'll just start listing things at random:

1. This past week has been senior week for all the seniors in the sorority. For someone like me that doesn't cry much or show a lot of emotion, it has definitely been a rough week. Although I am so excited for my friends to take this next step in their lives, it definitely makes me sad to know that some of my best friends won't be here for my senior year. With all the day to day activities, it is easy to forget that this is only another step in life. We are all here for the same purpose, to earn a higher education.. but in the meantime we form life long friendships. We spend every single day together. We eat together, sleep together, cry and laugh together.. until it is impossible to remember what we did without each other. It is a bittersweet time for me. I am so proud of everything my friends have accomplished, but I can't help but to feel a little selfish and want them to stay. However, I know that it would be 10x more difficult to leave if we all graduated together. So.. the most emotional part of this year is over minus graduation... which is coming up on Saturday.

2. Finals week started this past Friday.. and of course both of mine fell on that first say of finals.  I talked with my professor the week before and she informed me that I needed to make a B on the final to make a C in the class.. So to remind everyone.. I am studying abroad in Costa Rica this summer.. which means that I have to make a C in the class that I am in now to move on to upper level classes in Costa Rica. I started studying immediately and made study guides for all 5 chapters. I made the great purchase of TWO 5 hour energy shots and prepared to pull an all nighter. I studied all through the night and didn't sleep a wink.. exhausted much?! yeahh.. so I sat down Friday morning at 11:00am and began to take probably one of the most important tests of my life. After only a few short minutes.. I quickly realized that making a B on this exam was impossible. Not only did I not know what to write, I didn't even understand the directions. I cried before I even turned it in because I knew that it was bad. I left the exam and quickly called my mom. All I wanted was to instantly be home. I wanted my parents. I wanted to be back in high school. I wanted things to go back how they used to be, when I was good at everything. But after breaking down to both of my parents, I finally calmed down and looked at the bigger picture. This was not gonna be the end of the world. I could easily retake the class and possibly still graduate on time. Grades were posted Saturday morning and I got a D in the class. ahhh... So I made an appointment to meet with the director this morning. After much encouragement from the precious ladies at work and my sweet sweet friend Emily, I made the trip to the Foreign Language Department. The director informed me that she could reschedule my class schedule for Costa Rica so that I would still be able to receive credit hours.

So to make this long crisis short... I am still going to Costa Rica!! yay!! Instead of taking the planned Spanish 3 and 4 classes... I am going to retake Spanish 2 and then take the 3rd class over there. Not the ideal situation, but it definitely works out for the best!

Things really do work out for the best and everything happens for a reason.

Now that you're caught up in my life.. I'll end the post with a run down of today.

3. Today was an extremely relaxing day.. and a much needed day of nothing. I started the morning off at work with Emily.. Friday will be her last day and I have NO idea how I'm going to survive at work without her. We then met friends for lunch.. delicious lunch on campus.. and it was even better because it was FREE... yummm! I then spend the next few hours at the pool relaxing and spending the day with amaXIng sisters! much much needed relaxation time. We finished off the day at the delicious Z (our dining hall on campus) and then took a great road trip around good ole C-town!

How lucky am I to have such amazing friends?!

The countdown officially begins... only SIX days until I am living in a foreign country!! Yikes... Exciting or nerve racking... either way.. It is gonna be an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment