Friday, May 27, 2011

Costa Rica Day 18
Today’s post will most likely be a short one. I have a lot of things on my mind right now so I feel like keeping this post short and sweet will be the best. I’m just kinda annoyed with some things and as much as I would love to have another vent session… I feel like I should spare you all of that at this moment. Plus, I am so ready for the beach this weekend that I don’t want anything to ruin my sure-to-be, good time! So here it goes… a short and sweet version of day 18 in Costa Rica.
Same old routine this morning. Shower was semi warm this morning so I did manage to shave my legs before the beach this weekend, thank goodness! I, in fact, did not wake up early like I had planned to allow myself extra time to stop by the store for those drinks. So of course all morning I was running around trying to get to school on time. I made it with only seconds to spare before the final bell. Whew.
Class went well today. We went over our homework, did a few class activities, and then talked until the break. After break, is when we joined class with the other one down the hall and watched the movie. I knew just watching a movie would be too good to be true… so it was accompanied by a four page worksheet. Which in all honesty, I rather do than boring class exercises and activities. We had a lot of different snacks that people brought in and of course my delicious, last second purchased, drinks. We watched The Orphan in Spanish. The English subtitles were at the bottom, so all we did was read that while they were speaking. I’m not sure what the purpose of the subtitles were, but it made understanding a lot easier.
After class today, I went to lunch with some classmates. I enjoyed some nice chicken and rice. After lunch, we went back to the school and attended the cooking class. This class was exactly what I had heard from other students… boring. We sat in chairs and watched her throw stuff in a pot and let it cook for about 10 minutes. And that was the cooking class. At least now I can say that I have successfully attended all the optional classes at the school. After cooking class, Samantha and I decided that we should get our toes painted for the beach this weekend. Some other students from the school told us about a really cheap place that does pedicures and manicures. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but I figured I would try it out anyways. I ended up not getting a pedicure because they didn’t have those big, nice, comfy chairs… or a pedicure station… so instead, I just got a polish change. They are adorable though..and only cost me $2 J
I then picked the color for my nails and proceeded to tell her that I only wanted them in pink. Nothing else. But apparently the “cool thing” to do down here is to paint designs all over your nails. Definitely not my favorite thing at all. I usually don’t even get flowers on my toes… much less my hands. But I just let her do her thing, because honestly it was too late then… she had already started the multi color flower design process.Thankfully, this cost the exact same so all-in-all I guess I can’t complain about a $4 mani and polish change.
When I got back to the house tonight, I ate dinner with my mamtica… yep, you can guess it. Chicken soup for dinner. We talked about my nails and I tried to explain the story to her and the place where we got them done… after we cleaned the table she told me to follow her to the living room. She then pulled out her big bag of finger nail polishes and gave me two different bottles of pink. She told me that pink looks better on me than it does on her… so she wanted me to have them. They are really cute pink shades and I will definitely be putting those to use when I return home.
Instead of studying for my test tomorrow, I am packing my things for the beach… which I will be leaving for after my test. How am I suppose to study participios in Spanish when I will be spending the weekend on one of the world’s most beautiful beaches?! Just doesn’t make sense. Obviously I am here to learn Spanish and to be a student… but my tourist side is kicking in as I am slowly but surely starting to reject all the school work. I am so excited to be spending my last full weekend in Costa Rica on the beach. I couldn’t imagine being at a better place right now.
Sorry there was nothing exciting or interesting for today’s post. Blah days exist even in other countries. And that is exactly what I am having today. At least it’s another day marked off my calendar… and the single digit countdown beings tomorrow! I’m starting to miss home a little bit more each day as I know my return is getting closer and closer!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I can’t wait to share all the amazing things from this weekend’s adventure!
“Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems
On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Trade winds blowin through her hair
Sunlight dancin on the water
And I wish I was there…”
-On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful by Kenny Chesney

No comments:

Post a Comment