Saturday, May 7, 2011

My weekend has definitely been filled with big moments! Today, was graduation day at UWG... and I was a proud member of the crowd as I watched three of my very best friends walk across the stage. I couldn't be more proud to call them my sisters and best friends! and I'm so glad that I was able to be there for their special day and I hope they know just how much their friendship has meant to me. I know that this is not a goodbye for us, but only just another stepping stone in life... and now for the biggest weekend moment...

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!!

Most people write that phrase on the eve of their weddings.. but I am borrowing it for the eve of my study abroad trip to COSTA RICA! I can't believe it is finally here and the countdown is over! I remember the day I applied for the program, the day of my interview, and the exact day I was accepted. I came in from work, entered the sorority house, and started talking with friends. We were busy making dinner plans when I walked to my room to grab my wallet. I decided that I would do a quick check of my email and see if there was anything important going on... and BAM the email address that I had been searching my inbox for over months... and the subject line: Congratulations on being selected for SASP [Study Abroad Spanish Program]... so of course I ran through the halls of the house yelling at the top of my lungs.. I will take the short time now to apologize to any sister that was taking an afternoon nap.. but this news was too great to not be shouted through the halls. After months and months of waiting and planning.. the time has finally come to board the flight! I know this will be difficult adjusting at first, but I am so excited for this adventure! However, the only thing I am dreading about tomorrow.. is leaving my sweet mom on Mother's Day. I am so lucky and completey blessed to have such a wonderful inspiration in my life. I would not be the person I am today without her strong love and support.

So I'm asking for a favor... say a quick prayer for me tomorrow morning as I embark on this amazing adventure but also keep my family and friends in your prayers. I know they are all supporting me 100% and knowing that will make this adventure much easier!

The next time I blog, I will officially be residing in the beautiful country of COSTA RICA

"I will soar away like a blackbird
I will blow in the wind like a seed
I will plant my heart in the garden of my dreams
And I will grow up where I wander wild and free

Oh, How do you wait for heaven?
And who has that much time?
And how do you keep your feet on the ground
When you know, that you were born

You were born, yeah, you were born to fly"

Born to Fly - Sara Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment