Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am sad to update all of my followers that there is no current news in the life of Whitney Lott. Except I do have one thought.. I took a new little this spring semester. I adore her dearly and I can't wait to build a wonderful relationship with her. My new little, [I will refer to her as CG], has been given many challenges and obstacles to overcome in her life so far. She has had to endure so much more that other people her age. But through all of her difficult times, she has grown into a beautiful and strong young woman. Another "bump in the road" has been crossing her path recently and I am so glad that she decided to open up to me about it. Here's the great thing about having an amazing sisterhood within a sorority... You are thrown into this crazy "sorority thing" with people you have never met before but we open up to them, tell them our secrets, laugh with them, cry with them, and share our best and worst moments of life. This to me, is one of the single greatest things I can give her as a big sister... to show her the true meaning of sisterhood.

I know that the sorority "haters" exist, and that's fine.. everyone has their own opinion.. but since this is my blog.. I'm going to give my opinion. Joining a sorority is easily one of the greatest decisions that I have ever made. It has brought me so much joy in life. I honestly know that I would not be the young woman that I am today without all of my sister's love and support. It is truly an amazing feeling. And if you're willing to let it, anything you have a passion for can change your life and shape you into the person that you are meant to become.

On another note... I am going to continue with my topic challenge.. So here ya go!
Topic Challenge #2 - Meaning behind blog name
The meaning behind my blog name is simple, really. For the longest time I have lived my life  trying to plan out each individual detail. It took a long time for me to finally realize that as much as I plan and want for things to happen, other things [LIFE] is unpredictable. I always thought by planning everything out in my life, somehow, my life would follow that neatly constructed plan. WRONG. And in fact, I could not have been more wrong. It didn’t take long for me to realize that while I was busy making plans, life was happening all around me and I was missing out. So for once, I stopped making plans. I stopped trying to be the driver of my life’s destination. From that point on, my life has been thrown many curve balls and up and down moments. I realize that having a life plan keeps me on track, and don’t get me wrong, I have a plan. But the greatest thing I’ve learned is that sometimes, the “speed bumps” andalternate routes” are worth taking. These little adventures are worth having the memories. I could have never imagined that I would have the journey that I’m on now. I have been given so much more than I deserve, and for that, I will be forever grateful.  The past is the past for a reason and the future is unknown to us all… so what better way to live than living right now, in the present, living for the moment.

my story has already been written so far, but for now and for the future, well…
the rest is still unwritten

"You may not end up where you thought you were going, but you always end up where you are meant to be."

1 comment:

  1. awww I miss my little. Haven't seen her since I left Auburn and moved to LA. I love reading your blog. Makes me miss growing up in Georgia and college in bama. So happy I found your blog though. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete