Tuesday, April 12, 2011

First off, I want to apologize for being absent for the past few days. The semester is coming to an end which means every calendar day is filled with school work and activities. So here are a few updates on the past week.

1. This past week was GREEK WEEK at my school. This is one of the most important invents we are involved with all year. So here is a little bit of background information on my fabulous sorority and greek week: Alpha Xi Delta has won greek week for the past FOUR years. We pride ourselves on this one week of the school year. We go without sleeping or eating to prepare and compete in events. All of the day to day activites leads to the Greek Goddess pageant... which has been on campus for seven years now... and my sorority proudly claims ALL SEVEN titles! What an amazing acomplishment! But I'm sure you're asking yourself.. why am I blogging about greek week when obviously all we do is WIN?!

Wrong. Not this year. Not only did my sorority have to compete with all the other sororities, we also had to compete with Greek Council. It was very obvious from the beginning that everyone was out to get us this year. Which I really can't blame them.. I mean.. We kinda ball out during Greek Week.. so bring on the competition! After all the week's events were completed, a few sisters and I sat in my room and counted our points. We concluded that if everything was counted and done fairly then we should continue our streak of greek week greatness and make it FIVE in a row.

Wrong. Again. Tonight was the awards banquet at our new pavillion in greek village. As all the awards were being given out, my sisters and I were feeling great as our name was called out for multiple wins during the week. and FINALLY, what we had all been waiting for over the weekend.. the announcement of greek week champions... and 2nd place goes to... Alpha Xi Delta... what?!? Excuse me, did they just call out our names for SECOND PLACE? What just happened? Is this real life [one of our favorite slogans we use around the sorority house]??

Another sorority placed first in Greek Week this year, flushing our 4 year winning streak right down the toliet. But don't get me wrong, I have a few friends that I love dearly in that sorority.. but not during greek week. So my sisters and I were all puzzled at how we won more events and had more points than anyone else... but still lost.... ummm??? So later tonight we learned that Greek Council had taken away our points for winning Trivia. Apparently we were accused of cheating and receiving points would be unfair. We were stripped of our points, which in reality.. stripped us of our title. Is it our fault that they decided to ask questions from the first website on google thats listed when you type in TRIVIA QUESTIONS?! I wouldn't exactly call that cheating.. but I guess just like with a lot of things.. everyone has a different definition for things. Now that my vent session is over... here's the rest of my life recently.

2. My Costa Rica orientation was this past Saturday! It was very exciting to actually sit there and gather all of my informaiton. I received information on my host family and also got an agenda of everything that I will be doing. In my packet was also my plane ticket, which makes it ALL the more real. I was so excited that my parents were able to attend and share this experience with me. Although I am nervous as crap, I am beyond excited to embark on this adventure of my life. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so thankful to be able to study abroad. I do need a little help from all you readers... PRAY for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment